Friday, March 25, 2011

Introducing Just Being REAL...

Being Real with yourself, others, and God is the vision God gave to my precious husband Matt & I over 14 years ago to plant what we now affectionately refer to as Sandals Church.  Over the years what this all means for me has been redefined & articulated as I've grown, changed, & experienced the ebb & flo of life. Unfortunately the phrase "just being real"  has more often than not been used interchangeably with "just being rude" which has wounded many a hearts.  I hope to give a new spin to the phrase~ one that might lead into a new experience with the idea of being real, and maybe in some small way~ begin planting seeds in others to begin to be real with themselves, others, and God in their lives.  Being real for me is pursuing  who I was created to be, and continually comparing that to who I am actually being. Sharing my real brokenness with others & experiencing love despite who I can be, and in turn offering love to others as they share who they really are & helping them discover who they were created to be.  Being real is constantly renewing grace & making being a good heart handler of others a priority in my life.  Life is so random, so routine, and then so unexpected all at the same time... that's what you'll find here: random, routine, unexpected (well probably not really cuz I'm so "safe" but who knows). You'll hear me share about how I'm REALLY doing, who I REALLY am, how I'm REALLY wired, how I REALLY blow it, how I REALLY love others, how I REALLY spend my time, how I'm REALLY broken, how I'm REALLY in need of grace & forgiveness, and what God is REALLY teaching me along the way.  Life is complex, wonderful, sad, exhilarating & exhausting~ this is how being real plays out for me as a (Pastor's) wife, as I am a mommy to my 3 amazing children, as I cultivate my friendships, and how being real weaves it's way through my ministries.  This isn't going to be everyone's REALity, but it's mine!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Tammy, I just have to comment on this because I could've written this (well, mine wouldn't ever sound as good as this) - but, I have come to the same point in my life as you. I want to be REAL, show who I really am. I'm sick of faking being happy when I am not or just faking something because that's what is expected of me.

    I recently went through this year long, 3-phase class at my church called The Ultimate Journey. It's phenomenal and changed my life. After a rough 3 years before that, I believe God refined my character and showed me (and keeps showing me) what He is creating me to be. I want everything that I do, say, and think to be from God.

    We have since decided to homeschool our kids. What better way to instill a strong biblical foundation than to teach them from home. We started in January and it's been so awesome!

    Anyways, I just wanted to let you know that what you are doing and who you are definitely reflects Christ. Good luck on your journey, my friend.

    -Kryste

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to follow! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i will always read ... i will try to always comment ... i will be real with you in return ... i will enjoy sharing in the pourings of your heart!

    ReplyDelete